15+ years’ experience in project, people, and process management. Experience in Landscape Architecture or related field is preferred, but not a requirement.
This role reports to the Director of Design Operations.
This role is responsible for the day-to-day leadership of the Kansas City Studio of Hoerr Schaudt. This person will oversee all Kansas City staff efforts, associated Hoerr Schaudt projects, and will be the face of the studio for internal and external stakeholders. This role provides crucial oversight of the Kansas City Studio's financial health, culture, professional relationships, and compliance. There is also a billable expectation for this role. Working with their team, this person will achieve this through high level involvement in the studio projects and likely initially with management of select projects that fit within the role’s overall workload.
If you are interested in this position, we encourage you to e-mail us your resume and portfolio to email@example.com.
- Run the studio’s weekly PM meetings and help troubleshoot issues
- Have a general understanding and keep pulse on all projects in the studio (status, schedule, finances)
- Attend weekly staffing meetings working with the Studio Manager to ensure all staff is appropriately leveraged. Organize time and resources efficiently
- Responsible for Maintaining Key Studio Metrics – Proactively ID issues and address with PM’s/staff:
- Project Health Studio Wide
- PM Backlog and Projections
- Actively Monitoring Studio Utilizations and ID staffing issues/needs
- Address outstanding studio AR
- Monitor Work In Progress
- Using these tools, work with Partners, Principals, and Project Managers to proactively ensure adherence to budget. Assisting Project Managers to red flag and monitor all project earnings and expenditures
- Identify and help triage projects that are determined to be at risk, communication with accounting and other firm leadership
- Intimate knowledge of our Core Processes
- Once familiar with our processes - refine, suggest, and implement new ones to lead to growth and greater efficiencies
- Meet with Project Managers to review and approve project work plan (milestone dates and project performance). Ensuring all is updated and accurate in VantagePoint
- Monitor Bill Review progress so that all in studio are completed on time
- Work with Studio Manager to weekly address any late timesheets in studio with managers/staff
- Review and approve fee proposals and contracts; review and approve all work authorizations
- Make recommendations for PM assignments based on workload to OPS Director
- Ensure and model the firm core values to all staff
- For all direct reports – hold individual quarterly conversation and meaningful performance reviews geared toward individual support and growth
- Participate in weekly Operations Department team meetings
- Forecast growth and profitability while aligning systems and processes with SMART goals
- Using both internal and external resources promote individual Professional Development (personal training and growth) for the betterment of Hoerr Schaudt
- Train staff and hold them accountable to clearly communicate individual and team goals
- Guide project managers and team members toward continually improving project delivery, project quality, and overall project profitability
- Establish culture of collaboration; finds ways to improve collaboration across teams
- Drive firmwide momentum for change
- Champion the effort to enhance and embrace technology and innovation in project delivery systems with Leadership